Take a P.M.H. Day (Personal Mental Health)
Just recently I took a Personal Mental Health Day after a long stressful weekend. It was well needed too.
1. I slept in to catch up on sleep I missed over the weekend.
2. I ate a hearty and healthy breakfast--eggs with cheese and onion and soy sausage wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. Mmmmm :)
3. Laughed! That's very important to combat stress.
4. Drank water (1/2 my body weight and that number in ounces to be exact).
5. Did nothing (didn't run errands or do lots of work-related tasks).
6. Took my vitamins.
My P.M.H. Day was a bit overdue. I try to take an P.M.H. Day every once in a while. It's good to do this, especially when you're stressed. It's better to take a P.M.H. Day on a regular basis, not just when you're stressed. You may not have time, or feel like planning a day off, but if it's already planned you may benefit more. You need to recharge your batteries to reduce stress on a regular basis.