Thursday, August 9, 2012

14-day CleanStart Cleanse -- Day 3

It's day 3 of my CleanStart cleanse.  It's going quite smoothly right now.  The effects of the cleanse aren't as intense--yet. It's still early in the morning 9am.  I'm still a little tired.  I don't know if it's because of the clean house feeling I mentioned yesterday or just tired from long days and exciting nights (well just long nights watching the Olympics).  

Breakfast

I'm pretty simple and predictable when it comes to breakfast.  Not to mention I'm not all that conscious in the morning to get all fancy so eggs, whole wheat toast, and pears again.  Of course I had my cleanse drink mix and packet of capsules 30 minutes before breakfast.  Oh and of course I forgot to mention I've been drinking plenty of water.  I drink at least half my body weight in ounces.  Gotta stay hydrated especially when doing a cleanse and in this Chicago heat.

How I felt...

Today was a pretty chill day as far as the effects of the cleanse.  Nothing to get me jumping out of my seat at work flailing down to the bathroom to the first available stall.  No nothing like that lol!  That clean house feeling was starting to wear off a little.  I did feel more of an urge to eat before my usual lunch time.  Thank God my boss brought a variety of fruit and bagels!  Going to the bathroom today was quite smooth and very thorough.  Though I eat a healthy diet most of the time (hey! I'm not perfect...I'm human.  I like a burger and fries every now and again.), I could tell this cleanse was really getting a lot of the waste out that may have just been building up over time.  It has been a while since my last cleanse.  And being back in school with those stresses can really take a toll on my digestive system.


Lunch/Dinner

So since I had fruit and bagels to snack on lunch came a little later but it's cool.  Eating more often, but smaller portions throughout the day is better for you.  Lunch was great.  Leftovers from last nights stuffed bell peppers.  What a way to save money and eat healthy!  Dinner was great and healthy.  Home made quesadillas with whole wheat tortillas, ground turkey, tomatoes, onions, and little cheese, re-fried beans, and guacamole (a source of good fats from avocados).  I took the cleanse about 10 minutes before dinner because I didn't realize how quickly the quesadillas would be ready.  I know for next time.  

How I felt...

Going to the bathroom was pretty easy for the evening.  I could definitely feel cleaned out and that I had a lot of waste and mucus come out.  Then I fell asleep on the couch...I think the drizzling rain got to me.  That and my workout may have made me a little sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment